Cookie issue with Kibana behind a load balancer

Hey folks,

As stated in the title, I was having issues with cookies of kibana instances behind a load balancer and even after taking into consideration what's written on the page concerning Kibana in production, it didn't work.

I found the solution on the following topic:
Random Logout of Multiple Load Balanced Kibana on Multiple Elasticsearch Clusters

Not being able to answer the proper topic, I just created this one to say that the idea of @ea1987 to have this behavior documented inside the above-mentioned page is very relevant and would make a lot of sense.

Let me know if it's not the right place for this proposition.

Cheers,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to write this post to share what you found. I agree that we should definitely make this more clear. Would you mind filing an issue in our public GitHub repo here? If not, I'll file one later today.

If you'd like to become a contributor to the project, you're also welcome to open a PR with some edits to the file here (you can do this right in the GitHub UI) and we can get help get it merged in!

Thanks again, Julien!

1 Like

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your answer. Sure I can file an issue tomorrow, no problem. And I would gladly open an PR also but I might need help as I've never done it on an open source (or almost :wink: ) project before.

I'll work on this tomorrow and I'll come back to you if I have any issue then!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.