I was using Elasticsearch v1.2.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 with SSD. I have one
index 'myindex' with around 100k of not so complex documents plus indices
that Marvel generates.
Recently I started getting such kind of errors:
It looks like shards become unassigned after some time and fail to assign
I've taken these steps:
- set index.routing.allocation.disable_allocation to false
- increased heap size from 1 GB to 16 GB
- increased number of shards
- individual insert instead of of bulk insert
- updated Elasticsearch from 1.2.2 to 1.3.2
- started two instances of ES with 8 GB of heap each and 1 replica one
the same machine
- deleted index
- provided gateway.recover_after_nodes and gateway.expected_nodes
settings in config
- reduced heap size to 4 GB per node
I've also noticed that shards of Marvel's indices become unassigned too.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/4fb025ee-3668-4539-b249-11bcba216ea0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.