Could not index event to Elasticsearch error creating index

I am trying to parse my logs and trying to create a dynamic index. But somehow logstash is itself creating the index with a , in the pattern hence its failing. Can you please help me remove the comma.

filter{

grok{
match => [
				"message",'^%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:betimestamp} %{DATA:tenantId} %    {EMAILADDRESS:userId} (\[%{DATA:threadName}\])']

}

mutate {
    lowercase => [ "tenantId" ]
      }

}

output {
if [tenantId] {		
		if [type] =~ /UI$/  {
		  elasticsearch {
			 hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
			 index => "atest-%{tenantId}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
		  }
		} else {
			elasticsearch {
			 hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
			 index => "atest-%{tenantId}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
		  }
		}
	}
}

[WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["index", {:_id=>nil, :_index=>"atest-Wipro,Wipro-be-log-2018.08.27", :_type=>"doc", :_routing=>nil}, #<LogStash::Event:0x57f204da>], :response=>{"index"=>{"_index"=>"atest-Wipro,Wipro-be-log-2018.08.27", "_type"=>"doc", "_id"=>nil, "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"invalid_index_name_exception", "reason"=>"Invalid index name [atest-Wipro,Wipro-be-log-2018.08.27], must not contain the following characters [ , \", *, \\, <, |, ,, >, /, ?]", "index_uuid"=>"_na_", "index"=>"atest-Wipro,Wipro-be-log-2018.08.27"}}}}

The problem was with uppercase letter, I have updated my configuration but tenantId is not changing.

The tenantId field is probably an array. If you temporarily replace the elasticsearch output with a stdout { codec => rubydebug } output you'll see what your events actually look like.

I have updated my config please check...

My answer is the same.

But its not an array, the log file is generated by me.

If you want help with your problem then follow my suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.