Create index at startup

Hi,

I wish to create an Elasticsearch plugin, this plugin requires some information to be stored. Is there any way to create an index & its mappings at startup time?

I found this: Index Creation on Startup?
But it does not answer the question.

Thanks in advance!

you could use a cluster state listener and wait until the cluster is ready and then check for the existence of that index.

Note that a one time check is not enough, as you may accidentally delete that index - thus the cluster state listener makes sense.

Thank you Spinscale,

By state listener I assume you mean either the afterStart() or clusterChanged()?

The issue with this is that the requests are blocking requests. Do you recommend running these on a generic thread or as async requests?

With async requests it would require two one to check its existence and once to actually create the index.

Thanks!

the clusterChanged event may not be blocked, as it is called by an update thread for all registered listeners sequentially - thus you need to make sure in your own code that you a) run async, b) do not trigger a new async check for each cluster state update.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.