Create metricset failed

Help!! I git clone the beats source codes, and cd into the metricbeat to execute 'make create-metricset', then failed:

icaruswu@icaruswu-B460MDS3H:~/go/src/beats/metricbeat$ make create-metricset
mage createMetricset
warn: failed to upgrade pip (ignoring): failed to run "/home/icaruswu/go/src/beats/build/ve/linux/bin/pip install -U pip: fork/exec /home/icaruswu/go/src/beats/build/ve/linux/bin/pip: no such file or directory"Error: failed to run "/home/icaruswu/go/src/beats/build/ve/linux/bin/pip install -U wheel: fork/exec /home/icaruswu/go/src/beats/build/ve/linux/bin/pip: no such file or directory"
make: *** [Makefile:8:create-metricset] 错误 1

Hi!

Could you please confirm that you use Python 3?
Also you can remove /home/icaruswu/go/src/beats/build/ve/ and try again (with python 3 installed).

More about python deps: https://github.com/elastic/beats/blob/master/docs/devguide/python.asciidoc

C.

I got the solution. I use Ubuntu20.04 and I'm surely confirm that I use Python3 cause I checked a lot. Then I executed 'apt-get install python3-venv', the issue solved. Could u pls tell me the reason?

The command you were trying to execute seems to has python3-venv as a requirement, this is the reason.

It was our fault that python part is not linked to the dev guide. There is an open patch to fix this!

C.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.