Create Role which user doesn't allow to change value from time picker in the Kibana Toolbar

I adjust a fix value in the time picker in the Kibana Toolbar. I want only see the last results from yesterday. That is not difficult I know. But I want to create a role with permission that the user doesn't allow to change value from time picker in the Kibana Toolbar. It is possible right now?
Thanks for your answer?

The short answer is "no". There's no feature in Kibana with X-Pack Security to prevent a user from using the time picker.

But if you put your Saved Search and/or Visualization(s) on a dashboard, and save it with the Store time with dashboard option;

And then go to Share menu and get the Embedded iframe;

If you share only the page with that embedded dashboard link, there is no timepicker and it can use a relative timespan to show the last 30 minutes or whatever you want.

But it's not really secure. The user viewing that embedded link can easily view page source, see the URL to your Kibana instance, and navigate there and have full functionality (including using the time picker).

Regards,
Lee

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.