Creating a cluster of two nodes in elasticsearch 2.3.3

I've been attempting to create a new Elasticsearch cluster with two nodes, each on a different server and with a different IP (let's call them x.x.x.x and x.x.x.y respectively). However, I am having trouble coming up with the configurations that would help the nodes find each other and connect. What am I supposed to set as my respective bind and publish hosts? In my log files, I get this error, which I'm guessing has to do with it:

[2016-06-21 13:17:00,118][WARN ][transport.netty          ] [node2] exception caught on transport layer [[id: 0x8ae6b31f]], closing connection
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
    at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.connect(NioClientBoss.java:152)
    at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.processSelectedKeys(NioClientBoss.java:105)
    at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.process(NioClientBoss.java:79)
    at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)
    at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientBoss.run(NioClientBoss.java:42)
    at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
    at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

In addition, if someone could explain what exactly bind and publish hosts are beyond what the elasticsearch website gives, that would be great.

Could you post a copy of each of your configuration files?

That would make it even easier to debug your problem.

That implies a bad config or a networking issue, without more info it's hard to say.

Solved: it was a network issue. Had a firewall blocking access to ports 9200 and 9300.