Creating a unique count histogram

I am trying to make a histogram with unique counts for a given field (lets call this field Source). However, it seems Kibana only treats Source as unique within each bucket of the histogram, but not between buckets. How can I make the histogram pick a unique record (preferably, one with a maximum value of the field I am making the histogram for) for each Source?

Lets say my data looks like the following:

Source        ActivityCount
A                  10
A                  30
B                  50
B                  20
C                  50

I want to create a histogram that would describe the following subset of the data:

Source        ActivityCount
A                  30
B                  50
C                  50

It seems like this should be trivial to do, am I missing something very basic here?

Hmm, couldn't you just choose max ActivityCount for the metric, and do a terms on the Source for the buckets?

So that's actually what I've done so far, verbatim. However, this is not a great way to visualize this data, particularly since the data set is quite large, so there are many values. I need to restructure this data into a histogram so that I can actually see how the data is distributed instead of looking at the individual values.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.