Curator problem!

Hi,

I have a problem, I was sending logs from a server using Filebeat to my server. Once I set up the curator and I made the command : curator --config ..... ,The other server stopped sending the logs. Can someone explain to me why?

Curator only reads files, and interacts with Elasticsearch via an API. Do you have a limited number of sockets on the endpoint, and both Curator and Filebeat were trying to use them and they got exhausted?

The problem is, it change my logstash, I can't start it as a service anymore !! I don't know why, everything changes.

Everythnig was working before I just install curator and rename my conf file in logstash and everythnig goes wrong ...

Curator cannot do what you're describing. The only file it can write to is the log file you have set. It only ever reads from a configuration file you define, and interacts with Elasticsearch via the REST API, over the network.

Part of it may be:

With emphasis on, "rename my conf file in logstash and everything goes wrong..." Curator cannot change your Logstash configuration, nor affect your systemd setup.

It is me who renamed my logstash conf, I gave an other name, and it's ruin mt logstash.

That's another topic. Clearly it is not a Curator problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.