Custom plugin and Elasticsearch client using Java Api

Hi!!
I'm creating a custom plugin to monitorize docs indexed and deleted in elasticsearch indexes. In the plugin I'm using custom settings and a HttpRestClient to do the searchs and other stuff. The question here is, in the plugin settings I set the parameters to connect the client with the cluster, but the plugin is already running in a elasticsearch cluster, so I wanna skip this configurations, is there any via I can intialize the client or access to the parameters needed to intialize the client that I can access from elasticsearch and don't need to set in the plugin configuartion?
Any ideas?

It depends on which plugin APIs you are extending, but some have access to a NodeClient which you can use to make requests to the cluster.

Ok, I relative new to Elasticsearch, I searched and found, for example, that the rest api has access to the node client but my plugin not register new endpoints, so, what is the most basic api I should extends mi plugin? Besides, with the node client I can access to the indexes stats?

Thanks for the reply!!

The handleRequest method of RestHandler has the node client as an argument, so if you are adding your own rest apis, it should already be available to you.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.