In case somebody else is looking into customizing Kibana 6.5 I've found the files that need to be edited for most of the basic stuff.
Browser title and loading logo (1)
- Look for "kibana" and change that to a different text if you want a different title displayed in the browser.
- If you want to change the Kibana logo in the circular loading logo, look for a base64 string and replace this with a base64 of your own image. You can also change the hex code for the color of the loading circle etc.
Loading logo (2)
- Apply the same changes you made for the loading logo in chrome.pug to ui_app.pug as well.
- Contains the favicons. Simply overwrite them with your own.
Login page welcom text & sub text
- Search for the welcome text and sub text and replace it with your own.
Add background image to login page
- Open this file and look for
.loginWelcome. Add some css such as background-image: url() if you want to add a image as background.
Remove Kibana background images on login page
- Delete everything in this file if you want the Kibana background (left bottom and top right images) to become invisible.
Remove Kibana background images on spaces page
- Same as above, simply delete all the data from the file.
Remove small Kibana logo
- The Kibana logo inside the small circle on the login and spaces page is generated from java or something. I'm not sure how it works but the only way I found to get rid of it is by setting the
.euiIcon--Large in both files to 0px.
Add your own logo to login page and space page
- If you followed the steps above you'll be left with an empty white circle. In my case I wanted to add my own logo so I added some background-image css to
Change side bar logo
- Look for
.logo-small and change the image path.
Change full screen logo
- Look for
.dshExitFullScreenButton__logo and delete the image string. You can change this to your own path.
Keep in mind that some of these changes might require Kibana to re-optimize. Stop Kibana and delete the optimize folder and start Kibana again.