Customizing source field

I use filebeat with Graylog and noticed that in there source is always set to admin even if I override it with

fields:
   source: srcm

I also tried to set it in the top-level prospector configuration as

-
   #some config
   #other config

How to customize it?

Specifying

fields_under_root: true

does not work as well.

Can you please share your full config file and the filebeat version you are using?

No problem.
filebeat version 1.2.3 (amd64)

filebeat-test.yml:

filebeat:                                                                                            
    prospectors:                                                                                       
       -                                                                                                
         paths:                                                                                         
           - /path/to/log/file                                                       
         input_type: log                                                                                
         fields_under_root: true                                                                        
         multiline:                                                                                     
               pattern: '_pattern_'        
               negate: true⋅                                                                                
               match: after                                                                                 
         fields:                                                                                        
               #other project-specific properties
       registry_file: /var/lib/filebeat/registry                                                          
    output:                                                                                              
        logstash:                                                                                          
             hosts: ["0.0.0.0:5044"]                                                                          
    logging:                                                                                             
        files:                                                                                              
             rotateeverybytes: 10485760                        

I have tried some variations with setting the source field like with or without fields_under_root set to true, setting it as a top-level prospector field and so forth, but it doesn't work. How to override it? Maybe that's a graylog issue?

I think the problem is with the name source. This field is already used for the filename source. But if you use it under fields without fields_under_root it should work.

Can you run filebeat with -e -d "publish" and check if the fields.source shows up? If yes, it is probably graylog specifc.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.