Dashboard Controls Filter vs VEGA

Hello there!

I don't really know how to ask my question, but, I will try this way... is this possible to filter a specific VEGA visualization with a specific control filter?

Let me explain.

First of all, I have 2 index patterns linked to 2 differents index.

The first index has the field "week" and doesn't have the field "weekx".
The second index has the field "weekx" and doesn't have the field "week".

Both field "week" and "weekx" are formatted like this: 2020W50.

I have one VEGA chart based on the first index and another one on the second index.

I created a control filtrer who looks like this:

I added the control filter and both VEGA chart to a dashboard.

Now, when I apply a filter on Weekx for example, the first VEGA chart apply the filter even if it doesn't have the filtered field. I'm gettin something like this:

Of course, If I use the first filter, the second VEGA is filtered even if it doesn't have the field.

I do have check the option to not apply the filter when a field is missing.

Both VEGA use %context%: true since I have other field that I need to filter on.

I'm running the stack on 7.10

Is there anything I can do?

Regards,
Alexandre

If you can control the mappings of your indices, you could work around this issue by defining a field alias: Alias field type | Elasticsearch Guide [master] | Elastic

That way both indices can actually have the same fields (as far as Kibana is involved).

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

I succesfully added the alias to the field "Week" but I'm not able to use them since they are not "keyword". I can't use it in VEGA and in control filter.

The issue is that VEGA doesn't seem to understand the way the filter works.

I used my actual setup with two vertical bar and it works great. If I filter on Weekx, the first vertical bar doesn't apply the filter since it does not have the field in his index and this is what I want.

But, since I need to calculate a percentage dynamically and display it, I need to use VEGA.

Here's the setup for my first VEGA:

{
  $schema: https://vega.github.io/schema/vega-lite/v4.json
  title: Scrap 1
  data: {
    url: {
      %context%: true
      index: ls-...-scrap-*
      body: {
        aggs: {
          per_week: {
            terms: {
              field: week.keyword
              size: 50
              order: {
                _key: asc
              }
            }

As soon as I filter on the field "Weekx" of the index "ls-...-scrap2-*", the previous VEGA filter too for no reason (or am I missing something?).

Regards,
Alexandre

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.