Dashboard or Canvas with a drop down for filters for a data table

I have some network utilization data that I need to filter by all hours, prime business hours, non business hours. The filters are not straight forward as I'm dealing with local times across time zones. The prime filter would look something like the code below. Is there a way to have a selection to choose one of these and apply one of those filters to a data table?

{
  "query": {
    "bool": {
      "must": [
        {
          "range": {
            "local_weekday_int": {
              "gte": 1,
              "lte": 5
            }
          }
        },
        {
          "range": {
            "local_hour_int": {
              "gte": 8,
              "lte": 20
            }
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

It looks like a good use case for the "controls" visualization - it could provide two range sliders for weekday and hour:

Any filters applied to the dashboard will also be applied to a data table on that dashboard

Thank you Joe. That is a good solution for my main time window. However, the customer is interested in utilization during local time zone business hours. I've created the local time integers to address that but it means that I have to use a filter query for the prime business hours. It allows me to set business hours M-F, 08:00 - 20:00 for all time zones. So... I have to use a query instead of a time picker.

This is not a time picker, it's a UI which will create two separate number field range queries as filter pills (one for the workday field, one for the hour of day field). You can configure which fields to bind them to when creating the visualization.

See Enhance dashboards | Kibana Guide [7.12] | Elastic

Sorry Joe. I did not notice that. This is a good solution to an interactive canvas. I will use this.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.