cluster.name: cluster
node.name: production1
node.data: true
path.data: /var/lib/elasticsearch
path.logs: /var/log/elasticsearch
network.host: ["10.20.30.21","localhost"]
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["10.20.30.22:9300"]

curl localhost:9200/_cluster/health
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"master_not_discovered_exception","reason":null}],"type":"master_not_discovered_exception","reason":null},"status":503}

----> Logfile
[o.e.d.z.ZenDiscovery ] [production1] failed to send join request to master [{production2}{yFdQEaCNSdfeTUZ7UwOtuw}{f3j5NwIFSCGudseJnZiSzw}{10.20.30.22}{10.20.30.22:9300}], reason [RemoteTransportException[[production2][10.20.30.22:9300][internal:discovery/zen/join]]; nested: ConnectTransportException[[production1][10.20.30.21:9300] connect_timeout[30s]]; ]

telnet to master node on port 9300 is working fine, and also the master machine can telnet node-2 on port 9300

I am wondering what I missing ?
I would appreciate any help .
thank you very much in advance

It's a good idea to format your post using the </> button and check the preview window to make sure it looks good - it's much more likely to get a useful response this way.

The defaults for the node.data and node.master settings are true, so you need to set node.master: false on the data-only node and node.data: false on the master node.

ConnectTransportException indicates a connectivity issue, but you will need to share more of the logs so we can see what's actually going on.

Can you define "working fine" more precisely? If you open a telnet connection to the transport port (i.e. 9300 by default) then nothing should happen, but it's hard to distinguish this from a connection that doesn't complete successfully.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.