Data nodes unable to join masternode

Hi,

I have elasticsearch cluster with master node and 3 data nodes running in docker container.

Initially it came with basic license and i switched to trial license.
curl -XPUT 'http://0.0.0.0:9200/_xpack/license' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @license.json

Ran above command to add trial license.

once i add this trial license data fails to join master with below error.

[2018-10-04T19:00:45,986][DEBUG][r.suppressed ] path: /, params: {} org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSecurityException: missing authentication token for REST request [/] at org.elasticsearch.xpack.core.security.support.Exceptions.authenticationError(Exceptions.java:24) ~[x-pack-core-6.3.0.jar:6.3.0]

The log message you posted is unlikely to be causing problems with cluster formation.

1. It's a DEBUG message, not an actual error. Sometime the debug messages help understand the cause of problems, but cluster formation problems will report an actual ERROR or WARN message.
  2. It's specically about REST request [/] and the nodes don't communicated with one another using the REST interface.
  3. As @spinscale answered in your other post, this message means that you made a request to a node that requires authentication, but you didn't supply any credentials.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.