DATE format not persisting from meta tag

Hey! I've recently set up Site Search for our publication site. Having page dates in search results is great but the automatically grabbed date was in a format that was hard to read.

I updated the tag on our site to be in a prettier format and had the site recrawled. Here's the new tag:

However, the date pulled in the content properties is still formatted YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss z on both the site and in the content properties via the SS backend:
Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 10.14.09 AM

I can tell that the recrawl worked because the new date doesn't include the hh:mm:ss info that was previous there and looks to be defaulting all articles to 00:00:00 UTC for time of day.

Is there something I am missing with this date format that would help me pull the prettier date format into properties? The simpler format would be easier to scan as a user reads down search results.

Thanks!

Hello,

That resolution should be preserved if the date is using ISO 8601: https://swiftype.com/documentation/site-search/guides/schema-design#date

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.