Date parsing error in ES - Invalid format

Hi,

I am facing issue regarding parsing date field in ES. Here's what I am seeing in ES logs for the date:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid format: "04:08:02" is malformed at ":08:02"
        at org.joda.time.format.DateTimeParserBucket.doParseMillis(DateTimeParserBucket.java:187) ~[joda-time-2.9.9.jar:2.9.9]
        at org.joda.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseMillis(DateTimeFormatter.java:826) ~[joda-time-2.9.9.jar:2.9.9]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DateFieldMapper$DateFieldType.parse(DateFieldMapper.java:248) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DateFieldMapper.parseCreateField(DateFieldMapper.java:456) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.FieldMapper.parse(FieldMapper.java:297) ~[elasticsearch-6.2.4.jar:6.2.4]
        ... 57 more

This all started from here - Unable to convert field to date type with date filter

This is what an example date field's value looks like - June 17th 2018, 09:45:57.000

04:08:02 is indeed not a valid date.

You need probably to make sure you are sending a full date to elasticsearch and not only the time.

I believe this is better to keep this conversation in Unable to convert field to date type with date filter.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.