De_dot error

When I tried to pass index of elasticsearch 1.7.5 to logstash 2.4 to elasticsearch 2.3.4 i keep getting the following exception

[my_index_name][[my_index_name][3]] IllegalIndexShardStateException[CurrentState[CLOSED] operation only allowed when not closed]
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.verifyNotClosed(IndexShard.java:1090)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareCreateOnPrimary(IndexShard.java:509)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.prepareIndexOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:215)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.executeIndexRequestOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:224)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardIndexOperation(TransportShardBulkAction.java:327)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:120)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:68)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryPhase.doRun(TransportReplicationAction.java:639)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryOperationTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportReplicationAction.java:279)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportReplicationAction$PrimaryOperationTransportHandler.messageReceived(TransportReplicationAction.java:271)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.RequestHandlerRegistry.processMessageReceived(RequestHandlerRegistry.java:75)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$4.doRun(TransportService.java:376)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Suppressed: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.lucene.util.CloseableThreadLocal.get(CloseableThreadLocal.java:78)
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseDocument(DocumentParser.java:79)
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentMapper.parse(DocumentMapper.java:309)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareCreate(IndexShard.java:529)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareCreateOnPrimary(IndexShard.java:506)
... 15 more
[2016-11-10 18:38:46,104][DEBUG][action.bulk ] [node-M] failed to execute [BulkShardRequest to [my_index_name] containing [31] requests] on [[my_index_name][4]]

When I tried to pass index of elasticsearch 1.7.5 to logstash 2.2.2 to elasticsearch 2.3.4 i keep getting the following exception

MapperParsingException[failed to parse]; nested: IllegalStateException[Mixing up field types: class org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.core.StringFieldMapper$StringFieldType != class org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.internal.IdFieldMapper$IdFieldType on field _id];
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentParser.parseDocument(DocumentParser.java:154)
at org.elasticsearch.index.mapper.DocumentMapper.parse(DocumentMapper.java:309)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareCreate(IndexShard.java:529)
at org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard.prepareCreateOnPrimary(IndexShard.java:506)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.prepareIndexOperationOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:215)
at org.elasticsearch.action.index.TransportIndexAction.executeIndexRequestOnPrimary(TransportIndexAction.java:224)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardIndexOperation(TransportShardBulkAction.java:327)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:120)
at org.elasticsearch.action.bulk.TransportShardBulkAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardBulkAction.java:68)

What is wrong here. What is the right way to use de_dot?

Looks like you are trying to do something on a closed index?

My indexes were all opened

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.