Default analyser for a single index


(WeeJames) #1

Hi,

At the moment i have a default analyser configured for my whole
cluster. My config/elasticsearch.json looks like this:

However I want to use this default analyser for an index called
'content' only. I know i can set this up by doing a put directly at
localhost:9200/content/ via curl, but I like to keep my default config
file up to date in case I ever need to recreate everything from
scratch its set up automatically.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how i could adjust the config
listed above to work for the 'content' index only?

Cheers

James


(Karussell) #2

You can put all the configuration via API (?)

in case I ever need to recreate everything from scratch

what do you mean here?

Peter.

On Feb 8, 12:05 pm, WeeJames weeja...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

At the moment i have a default analyser configured for my whole
cluster. My config/elasticsearch.json looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/1768195

However I want to use this default analyser for an index called
'content' only. I know i can set this up by doing a put directly at
localhost:9200/content/ via curl, but I like to keep my default config
file up to date in case I ever need to recreate everything from
scratch its set up automatically.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how i could adjust the config
listed above to work for the 'content' index only?

Cheers

James


(WeeJames) #3

I know I can put it in via the API.

What i'd like to do is have the indexer stored in a configuration file
so that if i delete all my indexes and recreate the 'content' index it
is automatically applied - in the same manner that i have mappings for
various different types stored as json files in the config/mapping
directory

On Feb 8, 1:09 pm, Karussell tableyourt...@googlemail.com wrote:

You can put all the configuration via API (?)

http://stackoverflow.com/q/6275727/194609

in case I ever need to recreate everything from scratch

what do you mean here?

Peter.

On Feb 8, 12:05 pm, WeeJames weeja...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

At the moment i have a default analyser configured for my whole
cluster. My config/elasticsearch.json looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/1768195

However I want to use this default analyser for an index called
'content' only. I know i can set this up by doing a put directly at
localhost:9200/content/ via curl, but I like to keep my default config
file up to date in case I ever need to recreate everything from
scratch its set up automatically.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how i could adjust the config
listed above to work for the 'content' index only?

Cheers

James


(Shay Banon) #4

There isn't a way to associate a specific settings with an index (as you can with mappings). It was raised several times, but I don't think an issue was opened to implement it.

On Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM, WeeJames wrote:

I know I can put it in via the API.

What i'd like to do is have the indexer stored in a configuration file
so that if i delete all my indexes and recreate the 'content' index it
is automatically applied - in the same manner that i have mappings for
various different types stored as json files in the config/mapping
directory

On Feb 8, 1:09 pm, Karussell <tableyourt...@googlemail.com (http://googlemail.com)> wrote:

You can put all the configuration via API (?)

http://stackoverflow.com/q/6275727/194609

in case I ever need to recreate everything from scratch

what do you mean here?

Peter.

On Feb 8, 12:05 pm, WeeJames <weeja...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:

Hi,

At the moment i have a default analyser configured for my whole
cluster. My config/elasticsearch.json looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/1768195

However I want to use this default analyser for an index called
'content' only. I know i can set this up by doing a put directly at
localhost:9200/content/ via curl, but I like to keep my default config
file up to date in case I ever need to recreate everything from
scratch its set up automatically.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how i could adjust the config
listed above to work for the 'content' index only?

Cheers

James


(system) #5