Delete by query running by itself

Hi All,

I noticed a strange behave with Elasticsearch. I deleted some doc by using
delete by query and query used for this was a range query over the index
level(es_15). Then I shut down my cluster. when I restarted it, I am seeing
this in log, and its continuously running.

[2013-08-09 12:34:23,371][DEBUG][action.deletebyquery ] [Araki]
[es_15][14], node[w2SDnmJ3QB-6LmYDAbFTMw], [P], s[STARTED]: Failed to
execute [delete_by_query {[es_15][REL_YsUpdateOs], query
[{"term":"_parent"}]}]

org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParsingException: [es_15] [_na] query
malformed, no field after start_object

• at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParseContext.parseInnerQuery(QueryParseContext.java:195)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:276)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:224)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.prepareDeleteByQuery(InternalIndexShard.java:381)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.deletebyquery.TransportShardDeleteByQueryAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardDeleteByQueryAction.java:95)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:521)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction$1.run(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:419)
  • at
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
  • at
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)*
    [2013-08-09 12:34:23,359][DEBUG][action.deletebyquery ] [Araki]
    [es_15][8], node[w2SDnmJ3QB-6LmYDAbFTMw], [P], s[STARTED]: Failed to
    execute [delete_by_query {[es_15][REL_YsUpdateOs], query
    [{"term":"_parent"}]}]

org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParsingException: [es_15] [_na] query
    malformed, no field after start_object
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.QueryParseContext.parseInnerQuery(QueryParseContext.java:195)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:276)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.query.IndexQueryParserService.parse(IndexQueryParserService.java:224)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.index.shard.service.InternalIndexShard.prepareDeleteByQuery(InternalIndexShard.java:381)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.deletebyquery.TransportShardDeleteByQueryAction.shardOperationOnPrimary(TransportShardDeleteByQueryAction.java:95)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction.performOnPrimary(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:521)
  • at
    org.elasticsearch.action.support.replication.TransportShardReplicationOperationAction$AsyncShardOperationAction$1.run(TransportShardReplicationOperationAction.java:419)
  • at
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
  • at
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
  • at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)*

Here "REL_YsUpdateOs" is child type but this type does not have any
document in it. What is exactly happening over here. I am confused. Is it
trying to delete something regarding parent child in context to the delete
by query that I executed before shutting down elasticsearch. And if I
closed the cluster, it is still remebering the last log, although I tried
by deleting the log too, but still got the same error. Please explain me
this behave.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.