Delete documents in Enterprise Search

I wanted to delete documents in bulk in enterprise search
and in documentation, I only found deleted documents by a list of ids.

but when I try to delete more than 100 records it gives me an error like the image.

and when I delete documents in batches it's slow that it timeout

here 53% were deleted and the other 47% were not deleted.

can someone suggest any better solution?


Hey @haris.sheikh,

I believe you're using the recommended way of deleting documents from App Search. If serial delete requests are causing timeouts, it's possible your cluster is under-provisioned. You could also try reducing the amount of document ids present in each request.

I hope that helps.


1 Like

Yes, it resolved my issue for now. Thanks @ross.bell

1 Like