Delete indices from AWS managed services(ElasticSearch)

Hello

I am knew to "Curator". Is there anyone here who know if we can use AWS managed services when deleting elastic search services.

Please take note that I installed "Curator" in an ec2 Instance and the elasticsearch is a managed services. Meaning, there's no specefic IP that can be used.

Thank you in Advance !

I tried to execute in curator which is installed in EC2 instance and the elastic search is a managed service and I got this:

[root@ip-10-182-50-254 bin]# /usr/local/bin/curator --config '/home/ec2-user/Ardel/CONFIG.yml' --dry-run '/home/ec2-user/Ardel/delete_indices.yml'
2018-04-17 03:43:48,236 INFO Preparing Action ID: 1, "delete_indices"
2018-04-17 03:43:48,260 INFO Trying Action ID: 1, "delete_indices": Delete indices older than 45 days (based on index name), for elastic- prefixed indices. Ignore the error if the filter does not result in an actionable list of indices (ignore_empty_list) and exit cleanly.
2018-04-17 03:43:57,082 INFO Skipping action "delete_indices" due to empty list: <class 'curator.exceptions.NoIndices'>
2018-04-17 03:43:57,083 INFO Action ID: 1, "delete_indices" completed.
2018-04-17 03:43:57,083 INFO Job completed.

Does this means that the curator got connected to the AWS ElasticSearch?

That I cannot say. What I can say is that it is connecting to an Elasticsearch service, and the filters found no matching indices to act on, so you got a NoIndices exception. If you run it again with loglevel: DEBUG you'll see a lot more detail which will better answer that question.

1 Like

Hello Aaron,

I already got it working. Thanks for answer anyways.

BTW. How can I show all the indices in AWS ES using elastic-curator?

If you already have a client configuration, you can run:

curator_cli --config /path/to/config show_indices
1 Like

Thanks Aaron

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.