Disable apm-token, or add custom annotations to it?

Hi thanks for ECK! I have a elastic instance in namespace A, but have a spring app that uses elastic apm in namespace B. The problem is, k8s Secret cannot be shared across namespaces, but we need the apm-token Secret to be able to connect to elastic apm server.

Thus, can I disable the auto-generated apm-token mechanism? I am using internal network so it may be safe enough.

Or, can I add custom annotations to the auto-generated apm-token Secret? If so, I could use something like "kubernetes reflector" to reflect the Secret into another namespace. But this all requires the original Secret has some special annotations, that is why I ask whether I can add custom annotations to the apm-token Secret.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Unfortunately there is no way to control to annotations set on a Secret for now, however there is a workaround explained here. You could also just annotate the Secret once it has been created by the operator, using kubectl annotate.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.