Display UTC on Timeseries axis

I want to display UTC time everywhere. Using Management:Advanced Setttings: dateFormat:tz set to UTC I can get UTC time displayed on the discover page. On my dashboard, for example a timeseries visualization, on the x-axis the time is still displayed as local time. How do I get the x-axis of the timeseries to display time in UTC?

FYI: Hovering over the axis shows UTC time but the printed axis time is localtime. I investigated dateFormat under advanced settings without luck.

It sounds like a bug, the chart should respect timezone settings. Can you share which visualization builder you used, and what your Kibana version is? Are you using a date histogram on the x axis?

Jon,

thanks for your response.

Kibana version 6.1.2

Visual Builder, I don’t see a builder version but it is marked as experimental (version should be recent as of the ~ last 6 months, I didn’t install it).

This was a time series visualization.

Data: Metrics Aggregation: count Group By: Everything

Panel options: Time Field: kb_time (@timestamp didn’t help), interval: auto

Snapshot showing UTC for hover but axis is not respecting UTC.

Ah, it does appear to be a bug - fixed in 6.2.0.

https://github.com/elastic/kibana/pull/15512. If upgrading isn't an option we could use a different visualization builder like the line chart.

Jon, thank you.

I’ll try the upgrade path

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.