Docker build - issues starting X-pack environment - pwd

Hello,

I am trying to start my stack and all starts just fine except logstash.
I have set my env variable in the compose file to set the ES bootstrap password.
I have set the kibana config to use this bootstrap elastic user/pass.

I can not however easily set the logstash bootstrap user? Am I missing something?

The error I receive from logstash std_out is:

4/16/2018 3:24:03 PM[2018-04-16T15:24:03,865][FATAL][logstash.runner ] An unexpected error occurred! {:error=>#<ArgumentError: You must set the password using the "xpack.management.elasticsearch.password" in logstash.yml>, :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/x-pack-6.2.2-java/lib/config_management/elasticsearch_source.rb:41:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/x-pack-6.2.2-java/lib/config_management/hooks.rb:52:inafter_bootstrap_checks'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/event_dispatcher.rb:34:in block in fire'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/event_dispatcher.rb:32:infire'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:279:in execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:67:inrun'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/runner.rb:219:in run'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/clamp-0.6.5/lib/clamp/command.rb:132:inrun'", "/usr/share/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:67:in `'"]}
4/16/2018 3:24:03 PM[2018-04-16T15:24:03,871][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (SystemExit) exit

Is there a way to set logstash bootstrap user by way of env variable?

I have tried logging into kibana and looking for users to edit, under management, and none are there..

I have xpack.security.enabled: false set in kibana and ES configs.

Your help is appreciated.

disregard.... close..

I forgot to install the dang plugin!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.