Docker Desktop used space increase +500Mb per day

Since migrating from 6.4 to 6.8 and now 7.3.2 I notice that the used space from Docker Desktop on Windows 10 increased every day.

I am running a very simple elk stack Elasticsearch/Kibana/Logstash from a docker compose. There are no new values inserted into the index after the creation and I see this behavior even if we are not doing any requests on the index.

I have also try disabling monitoring logging but still the same issue, anyway we have like 125Mb of data/day which doesn't add up to the 500Mbs+ size on the docker desktop used space. I only have those 3 images running, no docker volume, so I know it is not coming from other docker container.

To kind control this issue I am now doing this once a week :

• docker system prune -a --filter label!=do-not-remove
  • stop Docker Desktop and services related to it
  • in powershell : Optimize-VHD -Path "C:...\Hyper-V\Virtual hard disks\DockerDesktop.vhdx" -Mode Quick
  • sometime I might also need to just plain delete the "C:...\Hyper-V\Virtual hard disks\DockerDesktop.vhdx"
  • restart Docker Desktop and all 3 containers and my used spage goes back down as it was just after indexing documents

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.