Does APM supports Apache Storm?

Am trying to configure APM for Apache Storm.

During topology submission, am passing required arguments like -Delastic.apm.service_name, -Delastic.apm.server_url, -Delastic.apm.application_packages & javaagent.

Topologies are also running and i can see required parameters in topology process. Topologies are processing data but no data is coming to APM.

FYI : topology code (kind of API) is not written using any Java framework.

Can someone help me on this? Am I missing some arguments or Storm is not supported or something different? Has anyone configured APM on Apache Storm or Spark?

Kibana version: 6.5.4

Elasticsearch version: 6.5.4

APM Server version: 6.5.4

APM Agent language and version: JAVA & elastic-apm-agent-1.4.0

Browser version: Chrome latest

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: yum & docker

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Fresh

Is there anything special in your setup? No change. All default configuration

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Steps to reproduce:

1. Setup APM ,kibana, etc.
  2. Setup Apache Storm & submit topologies (pass required parameters for APM)
  3. Perform some activities so that topologies process some data.
  4. Check APM dashboard

Errors in browser console (if relevant): none

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant): none

Hi and thanks for trying out our APM!

Unfortunately, Apache Storm is not supported. Please take a look at our supported technologies page to know what to expect out of the box.
However, you can use our public API to programatically add such support.
In addition, we are OpenTracing compliant so you can either look for an existing Apache Storm-OpenTracing integration to be used with our agent as bridge, or you can create one.
If you do any of those, we will love to hear about your experience :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.