Does pagination work with msearch with a HighRestClient in java

Hi I have some questions based on pagination for reading an index.
(by the way, FIFO doesn't need to be guranteed, just need a bulk reading process with speed)

obviously in java using the HighRestClient, I have heard that this isn't thread safe thus
my intentions to create a multithreaded pagination reading code was dismissed....

recently, I have found a function called msearch which might slightly speed the process due to
the reduce of connection latency for a request.

By using a code that repeats scrolling and searching, is it possible to use msearch in such procedure?

final Scroll scroll = new Scroll(TimeValue.timeValueMinutes(30L));
        SearchRequest searchRequest = new SearchRequest();
        searchRequest.scroll(scroll);

SearchSourceBuilder searchSourceBuilder = new SearchSourceBuilder();

BoolQueryBuilder queryBuilder = QueryBuilders.boolQuery()
            .must(QueryBuilders.matchQuery("collectDate", today).operator(Operator.AND))
            .must(QueryBuilders.matchQuery("collectHour", hour).operator(Operator.AND))
            .must(QueryBuilders.matchQuery("type", type).operator(Operator.AND))
            .must(QueryBuilders.matchQuery("useAttr", useAttr).operator(Operator.AND));

searchSourceBuilder.query(queryBuilder);
        searchSourceBuilder.fetchSource(true);
        searchSourceBuilder.fetchSource(include, exclude);
        searchSourceBuilder.size(5000);

searchRequest.indices(esIndexName);
        searchRequest.source(searchSourceBuilder);

SearchResponse searchResponse = client.search(searchRequest, RequestOptions.DEFAULT);
        String scrollId = searchResponse.getScrollId();
        SearchHit[] searchHits = searchResponse.getHits().getHits();

while (searchHits != null && searchHits.length > 0) {

for (int i = 0; i < searchHits.length; i++) {

///////////////////////////////service code  that adds each docs to a List object in the java HEAP ///////////////////////////////////////////
}

SearchScrollRequest scrollRequest = new SearchScrollRequest(scrollId);
            scrollRequest.scroll(scroll);
            searchResponse = client.scroll(scrollRequest, RequestOptions.DEFAULT);
            scrollId = searchResponse.getScrollId();
            searchHits = searchResponse.getHits().getHits();

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.