Does the twitter plugin work with elasticsearch 5.5?

I am getting the following error and looking on web I don't see any resolution , please advise .

[2017-08-14T17:50:54,446][WARN ][logstash.inputs.twitter ] Twitter client error {:message=>"undefined method filter' for nil:NilClass", :exception=>"NoMethodError", :backtrace=>["/root/logstash-5.5.1/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-input-twitter-3.0.5/lib/logstash/inputs/twitter.rb:138:in run'", "/root/logstash-5.5.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:456:in inputworker'", "/root/logstash-5.5.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:449:in start_input'"], :options=>nil}

my conf file is

input {
twitter {
consumer_key => "ytFgKrCUwfxxxx"
consumer_secret => "XRwTqIpERddcDn4vUFfxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
oauth_token => "773602797757534208-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
oauth_token_secret => "qctQkQ0qITGxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
keywords => ["@Trump"]
full_tweet => true
use_proxy => true
proxy_address => "http://our proxy host name"
proxy_port => 8080

}

}

filter {
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "hadoop5"
index => "my_tweets"
}

someone must have used twitter plugin with elasticsearch 5.x , can you please reply ?

Basically I get the same error as you do, but only when refreshing the Logstash configuration or when stopping logstash. After a while the messages eventually go away.

Also, the Logstash Twitter plugin uses quite an indecent amount of CPU. I am not making heavy use of it, have just one filter that strips some fields I am not interested in, and nothing else.

Probably it's not one of elastic.co's priorities to work on this plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.