Doing Math over count of events

Here's one option if you're on a recent version of Kibana that has the Visual Builder visualization type. I know it's in 5.4.0 and later.

1. go to the Panel Options tab and set your index pattern (here I'm using metricbeat-*);

1. back on the Data tab select Filter Ratio

1. I picked metricset.name:process as my numerator, but yours would be something like transactionStatus:Success

1. The Gauge tab shows a single value and there some options to format as a percent, change the color based on value, etc.

1. But the gauge is showing the value of the last interval. Not the average over your whole timespan. So you might want to change the interval from the default auto to something that puts everything in your timespan into one bucket. WARNING: You should turn off the Auto Apply when changing the interval or you'll have errors (there's a bug on it).

2. Lastly, there's also a Markdown tab that lets you put the value with other text. And when you save this visualization it seems that it saves whatever panel you're on. So you can add it to a dashboard.

Regards,
Lee