Domain Login with Elastic Diagnostics tool

Hi,

We had a problem on our Q-System yesterday so I wanted to look into it using the support diagnostics tool. As we primarily use the active directory login I tried to use the tool with my personal account which has superuser privileges on the elastic cluster. Unfortunately, I get the following error:

ERROR com.elastic.support.diagnostics.chain.DiagnosticChainExec - Unexpected error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 21: /_security/user/mydomain\myuser
	at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:883) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet.<init>(HttpGet.java:66) ~[httpclient-4.5.10.jar:4.5.10]
	at com.elastic.support.rest.RestClient.execGet(RestClient.java:66) ~[support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
	at com.elastic.support.rest.RestClient.execQuery(RestClient.java:58) ~[support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
	at com.elastic.support.diagnostics.commands.CheckUserAuthLevel.execute(CheckUserAuthLevel.java:42) ~[support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
	at com.elastic.support.diagnostics.chain.DiagnosticChainExec.runDiagnostic(DiagnosticChainExec.java:31) [support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
	at com.elastic.support.diagnostics.DiagnosticService.exec(DiagnosticService.java:68) [support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
	at com.elastic.support.diagnostics.DiagnosticApp.main(DiagnosticApp.java:42) [support-diagnostics-8.1.4.jar:8.1.4]
Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 21: /_security/user/mydomain\myuser
	at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2913) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:3084) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3166) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3125) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:600) ~[?:?]
	at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:881) ~[?:?]
	... 7 more

Of course I can use the default elastic superuser but my question is: Am I doing something wrong or is the support tool not designed for active directory?

Best regards
Wolfram

At a guess it doesn't look like it's encoding the username correctly in the URL.
I would raise an issue in the repo to see what our Support team thinks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.