Duplicate logs In Kibana

I am getting Double logs for every api hits in Kibana.

Following is my logstash configuration assuming the issue is related to logstash

input {
 beats {
   port => 5044
  ssl => false
  }
}

output {
elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
    manage_template => false
    index => "%{[@metadata][type]}-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
  	document_type => "log"
 }
}

I fixed the above issue using fingerprints and now onwards I am not getting any duplicates. However old logs are the same i.e, they are having duplicates. Is there any way to reset them?

Can we also see the filebeat.yml file?

Also try removing "document_type" from your output as that option is deprecated. Is there a specific reason you've set manage_template to false?

Additionally why not just point filebeat directly at elastic if you're not doing any filtering in logstash?

This article may aid in the remove of duplicates. https://www.elastic.co/blog/how-to-find-and-remove-duplicate-documents-in-elasticsearch

###################### Filebeat Configuration Example 
#########################

filebeat.inputs:

- type: log

enabled: true

paths:
#- /var/log/*.log
#- /var/log/apache2/*.log
- /home/ubuntu/ProjectName/logs/*
#- c:\programdata\elasticsearch\logs\*

filebeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml

setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 3

output.logstash:
  hosts: ["localhost:5044"]

processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~

Inside the location, I have multiple files resembling logs of each past day (eg log-31-12-2019) and one log of the current day. I have checked manually the duplication is not present here.

There isnt any specific reason for putting manage_template as false. I kinda copy pasted it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.