Dynamic scripting doesn't work even though I have enabled it

On my local computer, I enable dynamic scripting by adding either of these to config/elasticsearch.yml:
script.disable_dynamic: false
or
script.inline: on
script.indexed: on

and it works. However, on a development server that a colleague gave me, I did the same thing and dynamic scripting still doesn't work (Error is: QueryParsingException[[visualsearch_cuong] script_score the script could not be loaded]; nested: ScriptException[dynamic scripting for [groovy] disabled]; ). There're quite many indexes on that server (including my index) and the Elasticsearch version is 1.7.2.

I'm pretty new to Elasticsearch. What could be wrong? Thanks

I know my question is not very clear because "A lot of things could be wrong", but I honestly don't know what to search. If you need any further information from my server I'll provide. I just want to find out what potentially can cause the problem. Thanks

I don't know if you've already resolved the issue, but you need to refer to the manual here:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/modules-scripting.html#enable-dynamic-scripting

Basically, you need to enable groovy language for your specific need. Mine was to add:
script.engine.groovy.inline.search: off

I thought Groovy is used by default as scripting language for Elastic? I tried what you suggested but it didn't help. May be need to put to on?

Oh, yeah, sorry. Definitely on. I'm losing my mind slowly, trying to solve my own ES issues. :slight_smile:

Does it help with on?