Ealstic search plugin installation from in house maven repository

I am new here and also to elastic search. We are installing elastic search for one of our vendor product. Our servers don’t have access to internet.
When installing the plugin it is going to maven repo public site.

Can someone help how to install plugin from in-house maven repository which is artifactory in our case.

Or if I have it pulled to the local machine .m2 folder will be it be considered by the installer

You can use that: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/plugins/current/plugin-management-custom-url.html

am working with siva on the above issue, we tried installation using file based using below command,

> /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install -b file://path/search-guard-5-5.2.2-12.zip

but its not updating /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml with Search Guard configurations,
and same is working fine when we are doing with public maven repo

> /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install -b com.floragunn:search-guard-5:5.2.2-12

can you please suggest.

I don’t believe a plugin should modify elasticsearch.yml file. Looks scary to me.

But anyway this plugin is not supported by elastic so you may better ask the author?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.