Elastic-Agent - failed to dispatch actions, error: could not parse the configuration from the policy: duplicate key accessing 'ssl.certificate_authorities'

Hi, I have recently added Fleet Server to my stack, but I am having problems with my SSL Certificates (*Wild Card Certs). I have been able to successfully to integrate new certificates for both Transport and HTTP, but I keep getting this error on my fleet server elastic-agents.

**[elastic_agent][error] failed to dispatch actions, error: could not parse the configuration from the policy: duplicate key accessing 'ssl.certificate_authorities'

** [elastic_agent][error] Elastic Agent status changed to "error": "component gateway-a757d5f3: failed to dispatch actions, error: could not parse the configuration from the policy: duplicate key accessing 'ssl.certificate_authorities'"

For my certificate authority I have concatenated both my intermediate and root certificates to make up my Certificate Authority. Is this why I am receiving this error, has anyone experienced similar issue?

command used
cat intermediate root > elasticsearch.ca.crt

Update
When converting certificates to PKCS12 format I had placed the concatenated certificate authority displayed above. Which is why I thought I was getting that duplicate key error. Since replacing that concatenated file with just the intermediate without the root certificate I am now getting this error.

[elastic_agent][error] Elastic Agent status changed to "error": "app fleet-server--8.4.1-2a05c43d: Error - x509: certificate signed by unknown authority"

I think this is what led me to concatenate the file in the first place.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.