Hey everyone,
I have a standard ELK deployment on a single VM. I am trying to setup and configure the Elastic Connectors as described here: Content connectors | Elasticsearch Reference
I am hitting an issue where the initial 'make run' command is not connecting to a local elasticsearch via https. I have tried a bunch of configuration variations, but am just making things worse.
So I'm reaching out for help...below is my config.yml, and what I see on the console.
Here is my terminal with 'make run':
root@syslog:~/connectors# make run
cd app/connectors_service; make run CONFIG_FILE=/root/connectors/config.yml
make[1]: Entering directory '/root/connectors/app/connectors_service'
Using python3.11 (version 3.11)
.venv/bin/pip-licenses --format=plain-vertical --with-license-file --no-license-path > NOTICE.txt
Due to the length of these fields, this option is best paired with --format=json.
.venv/bin/elastic-ingest -c /root/connectors/config.yml
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Running connector service version 9.5.4
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Loading config from /root/connectors/config.yml
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Running preflight checks
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Waiting for Elasticsearch at https://192.168.122.49:9200 (so far: 0 secs)
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Elasticsearch 9.5.4 and Connectors 9.5.4 are compatible
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] Extraction service is not configured, skipping its preflight check.
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] [job_scheduling_service] Job Scheduling Service started, listening to events from https://192.168.122.49:9200
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] [content_sync_job_execution_service] Content sync job execution service started, listening to events from https://192.168.122.49:9200
[FMWK][15:59:46][INFO] [access_control_sync_job_execution_service] Access control sync job execution service started, listening to events from https://192.168.122.49:9200
Here is my redacted config.yml as it is now:
connectors:
connector_id: "fID******************"
service_type: "linux_syslog"
api_key: "c3Z*******************************************************=="
elasticsearch:
host: "https://192.168.122.49:9200"
api_key: "c3Z*******************************************************=="
ca_certs: "/etc/elasticsearch/certs/http_ca.crt"
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Jeff