Elastic HQ not getting back vendor info from Elasticsearch


(None) #1

I posted an issue with Elastic HQ here:

But just in case maybe an Elastic dev can have a look and see if it's
Elasticsearch issue or not.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(Mark Walkom) #2

ElasticHQ is a community plugin, the ES devs can't help here.

I have raised issues against ElasticHQ in the past and Roy has fixed them
pretty quickly :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: markw@campaignmonitor.com
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 27 August 2014 04:44, John Smith java.dev.mtl@gmail.com wrote:

I posted an issue with Elastic HQ here: https://github.com/
royrusso/elasticsearch-HQ/issues/164

But just in case maybe an Elastic dev can have a look and see if it's
Elasticsearch issue or not.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CAEM624a4FzMnmVpR-piEaTpbqMzizdfNdo3QdcuG-ascgZt5vg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(None) #3

I know, but i think it's 2 issues...

1- The vendor info for client nodes is not returned. I assume that HQ is
using standard REST interface and Elasticsearch not returning the info
(Maybe its a Windows SIGAR/Permission issue ???). I posted the response
JSon with the bug.
2- HQ doesn't handle gracefully the fact that the info is not returned.
(It's throwing JavaScript exception, but nothing shows up on the screen so
you think it's "frozen", when it's not)

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 19:06:35 UTC-4, Mark Walkom wrote:

ElasticHQ is a community plugin, the ES devs can't help here.

I have raised issues against ElasticHQ in the past and Roy has fixed them
pretty quickly :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: ma...@campaignmonitor.com <javascript:>
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 27 August 2014 04:44, John Smith <java.d...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
wrote:

I posted an issue with Elastic HQ here: https://github.com/
royrusso/elasticsearch-HQ/issues/164

But just in case maybe an Elastic dev can have a look and see if it's
Elasticsearch issue or not.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7df3ead0-d523-4b07-b620-b0028b4dcc87%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(Jonathan Foy) #4

Development seems to have stalled on ElasticHQ for whatever reason, but
look at the various forks, several people have fixed bugs, including
perhaps the one you're running into.

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:27:41 AM UTC-4, John Smith wrote:

I know, but i think it's 2 issues...

1- The vendor info for client nodes is not returned. I assume that HQ is
using standard REST interface and Elasticsearch not returning the info
(Maybe its a Windows SIGAR/Permission issue ???). I posted the response
JSon with the bug.
2- HQ doesn't handle gracefully the fact that the info is not returned.
(It's throwing JavaScript exception, but nothing shows up on the screen so
you think it's "frozen", when it's not)

On Tuesday, 26 August 2014 19:06:35 UTC-4, Mark Walkom wrote:

ElasticHQ is a community plugin, the ES devs can't help here.

I have raised issues against ElasticHQ in the past and Roy has fixed them
pretty quickly :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: ma...@campaignmonitor.com
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 27 August 2014 04:44, John Smith java.d...@gmail.com wrote:

I posted an issue with Elastic HQ here: https://github.com/
royrusso/elasticsearch-HQ/issues/164

But just in case maybe an Elastic dev can have a look and see if it's
Elasticsearch issue or not.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/a60bf5ec-c167-469f-b856-355faeea5601%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/ad759da6-b00e-42d9-8396-6fe9bd4b7c5b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


(system) #5