I have a cluster setup of 2 data nodes and 1 master node. One eligible master.
I handle about 400Gb of data.
All our search requests and indexing requests are made to the master node.
This caused some RAM issues on master while searching.
- Should we have one coordinating node and route all requests to this node ?
- Is having one coordinating node a better choice or 2 ?
2.1 To avoid split brain we want to make 3 eligible masters. Which ones ?
- Is it a good idea to make Data node an eligible master ?
- Is it a good idea to make search requests to the data nodes ?
- While initializing RestSearchClient, which hostnames should we mention for search ?
5.1 My guess was 2 coordinating node hostnames