Elastic user password not working

Hello,
Similar to Sudo password for elastic user, I am trying to complete the lab for Observability Fundamentals, but I need to use "sudo" to download and install packages. It keeps telling me the password is incorrect, but I have tried resetting the password, and it still does not accept it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Which lab are you doing and which step are you on? I do not think you need sudo access to complete any of the labs.

I am trying to do the Observability Fundamentals (Loading), but I cannot get the lab with Strigo to work. I need to install Filebeat using dpkg, but I can't because I am not a superuser.

I'm pretty sure Filebeat is already installed. Are you missing a step where maybe you are supposed to SSH onto another server? Something like ssh server1?

@redamberfish ,

sudo is not necessary for completing lab steps. As stated by step 2.1, you can use the following commands to download and extract Filebeat:

curl -L -O https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/beats/filebeat/filebeat-7.13.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz

tar -xzf filebeat-7.13.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz

cd filebeat-7.13.1-linux-x86_64

Best,
Andre

@Andre_Murbach_Maidl Thank you! The instructions I was following was for the wrong thing :stuck_out_tongue: I got it working now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.