ELasticseacrh Cluster won't form bc of no username/pass but setting up user/pass needs a healthy cluster

Hi All,

I am new and probably missing something, stuck in an infinite loop! I am trying to build an ES cluster of 3 nodes. without any xpack it works fine and comes up. now I need to enable the security (btw I am on basic license) so if I try to set "./bin/Elasticsearch-setup-passwords interactive" it says hey u have to enable xpack.security, I go back set that to true (it also asks me to set the transport to true as well which I did) and restarted the Elasticsearch but now the cluster is turning red bc it needs to authenticate!
so username/pass needs the cluster to be healthy and healthy cluster needs user/pass to be set ! this is a broken loop! Am I missing soemthing? please help.

Cluster forming does not require username/password setup. I suspect the issue you are having is with TLS setup. I suggest you follow the instruction of setup basic security. It would also be helpful if you could share the complete error mesesages from the server log files.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.