Elasticsearch 5.0.0 as windows service won't start

(chrisinho) #1

Hi,

i want to start elasticsearch as a windows service. I installed it, but when i try to start it then it it doesn't work. This is the stderr.log

2016-12-15 11:53:41 Commons Daemon procrun stderr initialized
Exception in thread "main" ception: Could not resolve placeholder 'HOSTNAME'
    at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.PropertyPlaceholder.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholder.java:116)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.PropertyPlaceholder.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholder.java:69)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.replacePropertyPlaceholders(Settings.java:999)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.replacePropertyPlaceholders(Settings.java:959)
    at org.elasticsearch.node.internal.InternalSettingsPreparer.initializeSettings(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:137)
    at org.elasticsearch.node.internal.InternalSettingsPreparer.prepareEnvironment(InternalSettingsPreparer.java:117)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initialEnvironment(Bootstrap.java:207)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:247)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:112)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:103)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.SettingCommand.execute(SettingCommand.java:54)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:96)
    at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:62)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:80)
    at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:73)
Refer to the log for complete error details.

How can i fix this? I create an environment variable called hostname and try to set hostname in the .bat, but the error occurs again.

If you are using it in .bat file, are you having it as HOSTNAME or %HOSTNAME% ?

(chrisinho) #3

In .bat i tried

SET HOSTNAME=%COMPUTERNAME%

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.