Elasticsearch 5.0 - Ingest Node and Pipeline

Hi,

I would like to know when is it scheduled to release the Compare Operator, as described in the following link:

Thanks,

Ori

Hi,

to quote Tal:

Conditionals have been pushed off the roadmap for now. The plan is to
assess its use-cases after the initial release of the Ingest API.

So if this feature is reconsidered, it will be out earliest at some point in time after 5.0 is released. We also do not commit to any definitive release dates. Sorry but that's the best answer I can give you.

Daniel

OK.

Thanks!!!!!

Just to let you know, that I have a use case for it.....

Filebeat which track several logs folders, each log is of different type.
Since I can only put one output for elastic in the filebeat yml, I can set only one pipeline with the Parameters section.
So I will need that particular pipeline to handle different GROK patterns according to the type of the log and some more processing after it.

Ori

Hi @ori.rubinfeld,

I talked to the beats team and they pointed me to https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/2064 which should help you. This should be definitely in sooner than the ES ticket you've mentioned originally.

I hope that helps.

Daniel

P.S.: If you're fine with that, can you please accept the answer, so the thread is marked as resolved?

Hi Daniel,

Seems like it will do the trick.
When should that be available ?

Thanks,

Ori

Hi Ori,

I can just reiterate that we never state release dates publicly or promise a feature for a specific version. All that I know is that the team works on it and given that fact it is more likely that you get this feature in filebeat sooner than in Elasticsearch.

Daniel

Thanks.

You can set it as resolved.

Ori