Elasticsearch 6.2.2 Docker containers isn't setting correct storage size

Method of setting up the volume for elasticsearch for docker containers seems to change between version. We have a 128GB drive dedicated to the docker volume directory. We want to create presistant storage to the container and the storage directory. We can exec into the container and see that the container can see the drive. The command we use to deploy the container is:

sudo docker run --cap-add=IPC_LOCK --restart always --ulimit memlock=-1:-1 --ulimit nofile=65536:65536 -d --name elasticsearch --publish 9200:9200 --publish 9300:9300 --volume /docker/volumes/elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml:/usr/share/elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml --volume /docker/volumes/elasticsearch/config/jvm.options:/usr/share/elasticsearch/config/jvm.options --volume /docker/volumes/elasticsearch/data:/usr/share/elasticsearch/data --volume /docker/volumes/elasticsearch/logs:/usr/share/elasticsearch/logs docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:6.2.2

However, on the Kibana Dashboard:
It shows 50GB of total disk available for a five node cluster but each node container is suppose to have a volumes set for /docker/volumes/elasticsearch/data with a size of 128GB.

What can be causing this issue?
Thanks

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing here: You are using the monitoring dashboard, which includes a disk stat:

And this information doesn't match up with the mounted volume?
I quickly checked with docker exec -it <container-id> bash and df -h <mounted-volume-path>, which matches Kibana's monitoring view in my example:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1        32G  8.9G   21G  30% <mounted-volume-path>

Or do the results in Kibana and on the command line match, but the volume should be larger?

Yes, that is exactly what the issue I am facing.
Here is the image when I run the docker exec -it bash:

While Kibana is showing me a different volume size:

Is the method of setting volumes to the data has been change between versions?
Thank you

I was looking at it some more. It looks like it is storing all the data in the root directory inside the container instead of the /dev/sdc1 and it looks like kibana is also looking at that directory size as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.