Elasticsearch 7.1.1 Failed to create native process factories for Machine Learning

Hi, I am trying to run the service from elastichsearch, when I start the service it runs for a few seconds and then it returns error, seeing the execution logs of elasticsearch I noticed the following error.

And

I tried to look for some solutions within the forum itself but unfortunately I did not find anything reactive with the solution of the problem

Ps: version java install is:

Thank you for your attention.

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read, cannot be searched against and some people may not be even able to see them.

Hello - the easiest way to debug this is to find and execute controller from the prompt:

• first with --version as a command-line argument ( i.e. /path/to/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin/controller --version )
  • then again without the --version argument

Report what the output is and post back. Thanks!

Hi, richcollier.I have the same error of Elasticsearch 7.1.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. This is my controller's output:
elastic@elkOne:~/elasticsearch-7.1.1/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin$ ./controller --version
si_signo 4, si_code: 2, si_errno: 0, address: 0x7fa53ce10fe2, library: /home/elastic/elasticsearch-7.1.1/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/libMlCore.so, base: 0x7fa53cd81000, normalized address: 0x8ffe2
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

elastic@elkOne:~/elasticsearch-7.1.1/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin$ ./controller
si_signo 4, si_code: 2, si_errno: 0, address: 0x7fc442295fe2, library: /home/elastic/elasticsearch-7.1.1/modules/x-pack-ml/platform/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/libMlCore.so, base: 0x7fc442206000, normalized address: 0x8ffe2
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Any solutions?
Thank you

@QqGeet your problem is the same as Failed to start Machine Learning on Elasticsearch 7.0.0 - we require SSE4.2 instructions to use Elastic machine learning and the machine you're running on doesn't have these. You'll have to run on a more recent machine if you want to use machine learning.

@Cadu_Alves if you could post the output from running controller directly we can try to diagnose your problem too.

In both cases, if you are not intending to use machine learning, put xpack.ml.enabled: false in your elasticsearch.yml and then Elasticsearch will start and you can use the other features. We're intending to improve the error message to say this - see https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/42341.

2 Likes

Thank you, droberts195. I will change a new machine to install Elasticsearch.

Ty! I will try your solution

Sorry, i'm a new guy here

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.