Elasticsearch and Magento 2.4.1 "No mapping found for position category"

Hello there,
I'm facing this issue with Elasticsearch 7.6.2 with Magento 2.4. Anyone have an idea?

[2020-10-31 07:34:29] main.CRITICAL: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [position_category_8] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"LkCXUOMsSE-AveQcr24LnA","index":"magento2_product_1_v1386"}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"magento2_product_1_v1386","node":"GCg17KQLQy2vaPPfo1tuTg","reason":{"type":"query_shard_exception","reason":"No mapping found for [position_category_8] in order to sort on","index_uuid":"LkCXUOMsSE-AveQcr24LnA","index":"magento2_product_1_v1386"}}]},"status":400} {"exception":"[object] (Elasticsearch\\Common\\Exceptions\\BadRequest400Exception(code: 400): {\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [position_category_8] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"LkCXUOMsSE-AveQcr24LnA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v1386\"}],\"type\":\"search_phase_execution_exception\",\"reason\":\"all shards failed\",\"phase\":\"query\",\"grouped\":true,\"failed_shards\":[{\"shard\":0,\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v1386\",\"node\":\"GCg17KQLQy2vaPPfo1tuTg\",\"reason\":{\"type\":\"query_shard_exception\",\"reason\":\"No mapping found for [position_category_8] in order to sort on\",\"index_uuid\":\"LkCXUOMsSE-AveQcr24LnA\",\"index\":\"magento2_product_1_v1386\"}}]},\"status\":400} at /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/vendor/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/src/Elasticsearch/Connections/Connection.php:632)"} []

The issue was running multiple Magento instances on the same server. You need to have a different index names for each website. You can specify Magento index name in Magento backend (configuration/catalog)

I am running in completely same issue. I cant see option in configuration/catalog where i can set different index name.
Can you specify exactly what need to be done to fix this issue?
Thank you!

Go to STORES > CONFIGURATION > CATALOG > CATALOG > CATALOG SEARCH > Elasticsearch Index Prefix. Set a different prefix for each store, any random one for each. Reindex and flush cache on each store.

Hello, but i see that this field is global https://prnt.sc/w9tkqi

Hello,

could you please describe how to change prefix for each store? The field "Elasticsearch Index Prefix" is available only when the Scope is "default config" - sreen attached.

When I switch to Store (I have to two) the field is not available at all.

Please help. Thank you. Viktorscreen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.