Elasticsearch cluster issue

I had one node. I didnt delete data in first node. Then I deleted data from second and third nodes, try to add to first node cluster. But it created two clusters.
One with first node alone
Another with second and third node

Then again I deleted data folder from second node and restarted, it joined first node

I tried to do same for third node, so that it will join first-second node cluster. But it failed with below

[2022-03-05T06:31:15,463][WARN ][o.e.c.c.ClusterFormationFailureHelper] [node-1] master not discovered or elected yet, an election requires 2 nodes with ids [P8UZyNN6QemAZx30yItePw, n33C65BCT8GZOftT3NJbPw], have discovered [{node-1}{n33C65BCT8GZOftT3NJbPw}{-IMxzqJjS5eob0cQ8TSwFQ}{...}{...:9300}{cdhilmrstw}{ml.machine_memory=3973865472, xpack.installed=true, transform.node=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20}, {node-3}{P8UZyNN6QemAZx30yItePw}{hry-dnyWTwWd2pmstfPl-Q}{...}{...:9300}{cdhilmrstw}{ml.machine_memory=3878227968, ml.max_open_jobs=20, xpack.installed=true, transform.node=true}] which is a quorum; discovery will continue using [...:9300, ...:9300] from hosts providers and [{node-1}{n33C65BCT8GZOftT3NJbPw}{-IMxzqJjS5eob0cQ8TSwFQ}{...}{...:9300}{cdhilmrstw}{ml.machine_memory=3973865472, xpack.installed=true, transform.node=true, ml.max_open_jobs=20}] from last-known cluster state; node term 0, last-accepted version 0 in term 0

I deleted data folder for third node, but its not coming up.

Can someone please advice? Im on ELK 7.10.2

Can someone please reply?

Configure these two parameters discovery.seed_hosts and cluster.initial_master_nodes both contain your three node,delete your data path , then start one by one
here is the doc:

I have these entries added already. Im trying to add a new node to existing cluster. Is that supported? Will that work?

a new node,you can set cluster.initial_master_nodes null

Thank you. But that scenario is supported in 7.10 correct? Adding a new node to existing cluster

Any version supports adding new nodes

So when ever adding new node, I should as cluster.initial_master_nodes set to null in all the new nodes. Then it will get added. Am I correct?

yes, and:

• set discovery.seed_hosts to master-eligible nodes
  • cluster.name must be consistent
  • node.name must be different

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.