Elasticsearch Component Template Increase Total Mappings Limit

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the total mappings limit on Component Template?

I have a component template with > 1000 mappings and am hitting the error:

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Limit of total fields [1000] has been exceeded"}],"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Limit of total fields [1000] has been exceeded"},"status":400}

Looking through the docs, I see a setting for Index Mapping Limit, but I don't see any settings that allow for increasing the limit at the component template level.

Hi @BenB196

Read this post.

Hi @RabBit_BR thanks for the link, I've looked at that post, but I don't think it works 100% for me. A point of clarification I guess I should make is that the component template is generated by the ECS generator tooling, so it comes out to be a single component template with the large mapping structure.

The post I think also focuses on more about custom indexes, where I am actually extending existing Elastic (beats) indexes with component templates, so this is where I think a more component template-oriented solution is required.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.