Elasticsearch Error Localization

I have an application which is using elasticsearch. In some cases, I am passing the error message from elasticsearch directly to the frontend. For example, when trying to create a repository for data archiving, I get an error saying - The string " location doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo"

But the error messages are always in English. I need some help about localization of elasticsearch error messages.

There is no localization available on elasticsearch.
This is a backend service only.

Such an error " location doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo" is a technical error that a end user should never see as it indicates a misconfiguration more likely.

Thank you for the response David.
In the case I mentioned, we are providing easy elasticsearch data management using REST services to our user. There may be 'n' number of reasons why repository could not be created, all of them I can't cover separately in my application code. It becomes essential to pass the message so that the user knows the reason.

You need to change elasticsearch code base then or use a message translator that you have to maintain IMO.

You can also call on the fly google translate may be and try that way... But the easiest and safest way IMO is to let the original message in english or catch any error on your side before sending a message to the user.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.