elasticsearch.exceptions.NotFoundError: NotFoundError(404, u'search_phase_execution_exception', u'No search context found for id [id_num]')

Hi all!

Firts of all I would like to say that this is my first post here so forgive me if I make any mistake :).

I am trying to retrieve a large number of documents from an Elasticsearch index, the query to Elasticsearch is a simple exists query. The actual number of documents returned by the query is 71790 so in order to process them correctly I am using the helpers scan function, helpers.scan(elastic_search,query=doc, index=index,size=1000, scroll='1d') . What my script does is to retrieve all the documents that contain a certain field, which I call temporal field, in order to assign the value of that temporal field to the non-temporal field of that same document.

Initially I had a scroll time of 25 minutes but as I was getting this error I decided to increase it to 1 day to see if it was really a problem of the scroll time but I still get this error. Obviously the code doesn't take 1 day to run, when it takes about 50k documents to be parsed this error pops up. Everything I find on the internet is that it is due to the scroll time but I have already seen that this is not so because I have set it to 1 day and still the error pops up after about 5 minutes.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this error? If you need more information about the node or whatever, feel free to ask for it, I don't know exactly what information I should add.

Thank you all!!!

The specific error is as follows:

for hit in result:
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/helpers/actions.py", line 459, in scan
    body={"scroll_id": scroll_id, "scroll": scroll}, **scroll_kwargs
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/client/utils.py", line 84, in _wrapped
    return func(*args, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/client/__init__.py", line 1307, in scroll
    "GET", "/_search/scroll", params=params, body=body
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/transport.py", line 358, in perform_request
    timeout=timeout,
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/connection/http_urllib3.py", line 257, in perform_request
    self._raise_error(response.status, raw_data)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/elasticsearch/connection/base.py", line 182, in _raise_error
    status_code, error_message, additional_info
elasticsearch.exceptions.NotFoundError: NotFoundError(404, u'search_phase_execution_exception', u'No search context found for id [12671416]')

I may not be able to directly help, but sharing the code you are using would be great. As would checking your Elasticsearch master node logs.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.